This blog is open to all of you who are considering starting a college education in California, and I am not going to advertise MiraCosta college because I go there, but because I think choosing MiraCosta can be one of the smartest choices you would make in your life! These are the reasons I choose to attend MiraCosta College:
- MiraCosta College is at beautiful Oceanside, CA; this means that I get to enjoy the nice weather and amazing ocean views all year long. Besides, I don't need to carry my heavy winter clothes oversea because the winter in California is so warm and cozy. Most of the times, I wear a long sleeve shirt and jeans in November and maybe add on a thin jacket in December.
- MiraCosta College is very affordable, and provides the same classes as the 4-year universities. To compare costs, I pay around $3800 each semester including the health insurance cost and tuition fees. International students at a California State University pay about $8,000 per semester. So you see, I save more than $10,000 each year.
- MiraCosta College provides multiple transfer plans which covers the general education courses for many popular colleges such as CSU(California State University), and many UC (University of California) schools like UCB , UCLA, UCI , UCSD , and many other local colleges as well. I am currently preparing my university applications to all four of the UC schools that I motioned, and I am guaranteed to be admitted by UCI because of the TAG offered at MiraCosta College. I am excited to hear the responses in spring 2015.
- MiraCosta College has free tutor programs and personal counselors to help you step by step through your academic studying. I have met with the math, English, and accounting tutors many times, and they all are very helpful in preparing me for tests and writing assignments. The most important thing is, it is FREE!
- I arrived to MiraCosta with a TOEFL score of 95. But if you need to improve your English, you can attend ELI (English Language Institute) at MiraCosta College and you Don't need a TOEFL score for MiraCosta College's admission.